A great summer dessert, perfect with berries. The key is to prepare ahead so it has time to set.
No Bake Cheesecake
This is a great summer dessert- perfect with berries.
To make crust
- 2 cups Superwine cookie crumbs
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 125 g melted butter
To make cheesecake
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cream cheese blocks, 250 g , room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
To make crust
- Mix together cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Pour into a 9 inch springform pan and pack tightly. The tighter packed the less likely to fall apart when cutting cheesecake.
- Freeze for 10-20 mins as preparing the filling.
To make cheesecake filling
- Add icing sugar to cream and whip into stiff peaks. Set aside
- Beat cream cheese and white sugar together until perfectly smooth and creamy. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to get all the cream cheese.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat another 2-3 minutes until smooth combined. make sure there are no large clumps of cream cheese.
- Add cream to cream cheese bowl and fold until combined. Combine gently with rubber spatula as you don't want deflate the air in the whipped cream.
- Spread filling into prepared crust. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Best results are to wait overnight.
- Use a knife to loosen the chilled cheesecake from the springform pan, then remove the rim. Cut in to serving and top with seasonal berries