Full of toasted cinnamon, pecan and white chocolate basically a cinnamon roll as a cookie.
Cinnamon Pecan Cookie Recipe
A new flavour- cinnamon, pecan and white chocolate combine to make this buttery cookie which is an alternative to the classic chocolate chip cookie. Basically a yummy cinnamon roll in a cookie!
- 250 grams softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups cinnamon toast crunch
- 250 grams chopped white chocolate ,I always use Whitakers
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in 2 cups flour and baking soda into butter mixture until combined. Then add in cinnamon toast crunch and white chocolate chunks. Leave big chunks
- Drop ice cream scooperful onto cookie trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely .
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
This is a crunchy mixture which embodies all the yummy flavours of a perfect piece of cinnamon toast. It can be eaten by itself or used in recipe to add an extra taste.
- 4 english muffins or white bread , cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 115 g melted brown butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- Heat oven to 180 C
- Cut the english muffins into 2-3 cm pieces. Put in bowl then douse and toss in melted brown butter. Let it soak 1 minute
- Add sugar and cinnamon to the bread and toss well. Stir in pecans then spread the mixture on parchment paper baking sheet and bake for 25- 30 minutes
- Pull the pan out and stir/toss the mixture with a spatula at about 15 minutes. This helps caramelize the mixture, continue to do this periodically until mixture is dry and caramel light clusters
- Cool the cinnamon toast crunch before storing or using the recipe. Store in airtight container at room temperature, it will keep fresh for 1 week in fridge or 1 month in freezer.
inspired by the Milk Bar by Christine Tosi