A great soup on a cold day- full of corn, potato and red pepper spiced with tangy smoked paprika
A lovely warm chowder on a cold winter day
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large potatoes diced
- 2 celery stalks fined sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper finely diced
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup chicken or veggie stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can corn kernels 450g
- 1 can cream style corn 450g
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 3 Tbsps Italian parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until translucent. Add potato, red pepper and celery and saute for 1-2 mins then add smoked paprika.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil then turn to shimmer until potatoes are cooked. Watch as it can come to a boil quickly and boil over.
- Puree about 1/3 mixture with handheld blender then season to taste.
- Just before you serve, stir in some Italian parsley and spring onions