Lemon Curd Recipe- a luscious lemony curd which gives a kick of flavour to your desserts
Lemon Curd Recipe
This is a lovely lemony curd which can be eaten on its own or used as a filling for lots of great desserts. The perfect thing to do when you have an abundance of lemons- the recipe can be doubled if needed.
- 125 grams butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 lemons finely grated rind and juice
- 3 eggs beaten
- Place all ingredients except eggs in the top of a double boiler
- Stir over heat until sugar dissolved and mixture is warm
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, then add slowly by spoonful the warm mixture to the eggs. Take it slow as if you add too much hot to the eggs , you will get scrambled eggs!
- Continue to add the warm sugar mixture to eggs until the mixture is well combined and the eggs have been tempered. This will be when at least ⅔ of warm mixture has been added.
- Put the bowl with eggs and warm mixture back into the top of the double boiler.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Do not allow the mixture to boil or mixture might curdle.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal well, they should last in the fridge for 2-3 weeks
photo credit Sally’s Baking addiction