An old-fashioned lemon bread recipe which creates a lemony pound cake like quick bread which is the perfect use for the lemons off your tree. Add a dollop of lemon curd to get that extra lemony taste.
Lemon Bread Recipe
- 150 grams butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup sour cream
- the rind of 2 lemons
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Prepared loaf tin by greasing it well and flouring it. I like getting a crispy edge so don't line with paper but if you are worried about it sticking , line it with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs
- Alternate between flour/baking powder mixture and sour cream and mix until just combined.
- Add peel of lemons – this will give it is great lemon flavour. Stir to work into batter
- Place in prepared loaf tin and bake in for 45 mins or until golden and skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooked, then run fork on edges and tap the top of tin to loosen the bread . Set aside and prepare glaze
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in small saucepan. Heat over med heat to create a syrup.
- Pour glaze over the bread in loaf tin and let stand 10 mins to soak in. Sprinkle with icing sugar and lemon curd to serve.
To make the Lemon Honeycomb Pull Apart- lemon bread recipe and this cool Nordic ware pan. Really its all about the pan. It makes it easy to be impressive!