Basic Chocolate Brownie Recipe-This is a dense fudgy brownie which is ooey gooey on its own or enhanced with different treats such as white chocolate or nuts.
This is a dense fudgy brownie which is ooey gooey on its own or enhanced with different treats such as white chocolate or nuts. There are lots of great brownie recipes but this is my good to as it uses cocoa powder not chocolate, I never have chocolate sitting around as it get eaten!
- 200 grams butter softened
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Prepare 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper
- Blend butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time , mixing well. Continue beating until fully incorporated, the batter will look curdled.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and cocoa into butter mixture.
- Add extra flavours if using now- ours had chunks of white chocolate and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 40 mins or until just set. Brownies are best if slightly undercooked- set the time and stick to it. It should not look cakey but a little wet.
- Cool in tin then cut in squares. this is great both warm or at room temperature