This is almost good for you – filled with carrots, raisins, nuts and love!
This yummy cake is packed full of carrots, raisins, walnuts and spices. You could eat it for breakfast and not feel quilt!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups finely shredded carrot
- ¾ cup grapeseed oil or veggie oil
- ¾ cup lightly toasted walnuts or pecans
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger or ¾ tsp ginger
- 1 recipe cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a springform pan.
- Plump up the raisins by placing them in a cup and pouring hot water over the raisins. Set aside for 10 mins
- In large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda
- In another bowl, combine eggs, carrot and oil. If using ginger , add it now.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir to combine then add ½ cup nuts and raisins. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 mins or until wooden skewer comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 mins then remove from pan to completely cool on wire rack.
- Fill and frost with cream cheese frosting and top with remaining nuts. Cover and store in fridge for up to 3 days.
Cream Cheese Frosting
A great frosting – I always use Philly Cream cheese as I prefer it's tang
- 500 grams Philly Cream Cheese
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3½-4 cups icing sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing sugar to reach desired spreading consistency.
- It's ready to use to frost your cake.