This is a great cookie for cookie cutter cookies- it is the base cookie of the MCM “gingerbread” house
Sugar Cookie Cutouts
A great cookie to use as an alternative to gingerbread to make a fun Christmas house
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl beat butter on high speed to softened, then add sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined scarping sides of bowl occasionally,
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Mix in flour
- Divide the dough in half and chill for 30 mins or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly flour surface, roll half the dough at a time until 3 mm. Cut the dough with a cookie cutter to your desired shape. Place 3 cm apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 8 mins or until light brown edges and firm. Transfer to cool on a rack . If desired frost with Powdered Sugar Icing