Chocolate Sugar Cookies
A bold chocolate flavour which would be great sandwiched with vanilla ice cream to create the perfect summery treat!
- 1½ flour
- ½ unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut shortening ,melted
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in cooled melted coconut shortening, then add egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until combined
- Spoon or ice cream scoop out dough onto baking paper lined cookie sheet. Space 10 cm apart to avoid getting 1 large cookie!
- Bake until edges firm, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool on sheets then transfer to wire rack.