Basic Pizza dough
- A Sachet of active yeast,
- 300 ml of lukewarm water,
- 2 tsp sugar,
- 1 tsp sea salt,
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil,
- 350-400 g of pizza flour
- Dissolve sugar in warm water, then sprinkle yeast in and gently stir.
- Place yeast mixture in the bowl of a mixer, add olive oil and salt.
- Slowly add the flour using the basic mixer attachment at first. Continue to add flour until the mixture gets too heavy for the basic mixer attachment then switch to the dough attachment. Continue to mix in the flour until the dough is smooth and elastic. This takes approx 10 mins and let the dough be a little more wet than a bread dough. It can take practice to get get the right consistency, but don’t worry. Practice makes perfect.
- Form the dough into a ball then place it into an oiled bowl.Cover it and let it rise until doubled in size, about 45 mins.
- While the dough is rising, pre heat oven to 200 C. A hot oven is good so if you can go even higher to 220 C.
- Once the dough has risen, divide the dough and roll each out thinly on a floured board.
- Add sauce and your favourite toppings
- Bake in the middle of the oven until crust golden colour.