Pecan pie is a classic American dessert, everything southern cooking is good at ooey gooey sweetness.
You can't beat a good old fashion pecan pie
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup glucose syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2½ cup pecans
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 portion chilled butter pastry shell
To make Filling
- Break eggs in to a bowl and lightly whisk.
- Add glucose syrup, brown sugar salt vanilla and melted butter. Stir to combine then add pecans. You can arrange the pecans into a pinwheel pattern but I generally
- Pour into unbaked pastry – You can arrange the pecans into a pinwheel pattern but I generally like the random pattern. To prevent the crust from burning , cover exposed edge crust with tin foil
- Cook in 180 C oven for roughly 30 mins. After 20 mins , uncover the crusts to brown.
- The pie should puff up a bit and not be overly jiggly. If it seems not quite cooked, continue but cover the whole pie with foil to prevent pecans from burning
- Cool for several hours or better yet overnight. Serve with vanilla ice cream